Many Members One Body (MMOB): Diocese COVID Safety Manual (Feb 01, 2021, annotated)
April 11, 2021 - 2nd Easter of Sunday
"Have you believed, Thomas, because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen, yet believe." John 20: 29
Scripture Readings: Acts 4: 32-35; Psalm 133; 1 John 1: 1, 2:21; John 20: 19-31
Message of Condolence from Primate
Click here to read a message of condolence from our Primate, The Most Rev Linda Nicholls, to Queen Elizabeth II on the death of HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Mask Wearing Update - Archdeacon Charlene
The Provincial Government provided an update on April 12 to the Guidance Document for Faith Based Organizations regarding mask wearing during religious services and ceremonies. Click here to view this update.
Easter Memorial Booklet
We would like to say a big THANK-YOU to all those who supported our annual Easter Memorial Booklet again this year. It’s a great opportunity to pay that special tribute to loved ones during the Easter season.
Revised Live In-Church Guidelines
Bishop Sam has provided this video link to announce changes to operations within our Diocese as a result of Wednesday's announcement by the Chief Medical Officer of Heath, Dr Janice Fitzgerald. We would encourage you to take the time to listen to Bishop Sam as he so eloquently articulates what is and is not permitted, as we all try to celebrate this Easter season.
You are reminded that pre-registration is required. Click here to pre-register online, or call our office at 834-4501.
There are several key changes from our previous Level-2 state, which we will highlight below. However, please be sure to read the complete Diocesan guidelines by clicking here.
- Parishes may resume operations based on February 01, 2021 version of the "Many Members - One Body" (MMOB) guidelines document
- At indoor gatherings, masks must be worn by all people at all times, except to consume the Eucharist
- The maximum capacity at indoor gatherings is reduced to 50, however, Sunday School, Godly Play, Confirmation Group and other Faith Based gatherings for children remain suspended
- Only single household units may sit together
- A maximum of 30 minutes of singing is permitted within a 60 minute service
- Virtual or curb-side drop-off fundraising may resume with a maximum of 50 volunteers in the building
As per the Diocesan mandate our Parish Office is closed to the public until further notice. However, we are still working remotely, and are accessible to you by the following methods:
- Rev Wayne Parsons (Rector) - 764.8833 - firstname.lastname@example.org - 24/7
- Rev Sam Butler (Associate) - 689.4501 - email@example.com - 24/7
- Elizabeth Bishop (Office Administration) - 834.4501 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Monday-Friday 8:00am-3:00pm
We kindly ask for your patience in allowing our administrator to facilitate the switch to working remotely. Messages and emails may not be returned as efficiently as normal during this transition period.
The Candle - Our Weekly Newsletter
For many years now, our Parish has published our weekly information bulletin, The Candle, that was handed out at each Sunday service. It was our way to keep our Parishioners informed about what was happening in our Parish, and a medium to seek support when we needed it. The current COVID pandemic has offered many challenges to our community, none the least of which is our ability to physically gather together in person on a weekly basis for our faith worship. We also loose the ability to "really" carry out some of our traditions that helped bind and grow our family spirit.
The Candle, like most other things these days, is now shared digitally, and can be found not only on our website, but we also attempt to email it to those for whom we have contact information for. To get added to that distribution list, simply click here to send us your details.
We would also like to ask you that if you have any items you would like to share, such as birthday greetings (oh how we miss the fun spirit of our Birthday Sundays) or anniversaries, or even an article that you may have seen or read that you feel others might enjoy, please feel free to pass them along to email@example.com. Together we can start "feeling together" once more - if not in body, then in spirit.
Also, as you will note when you read The Candle, you have the opportunity to bring special attention to a loved one by actually sponsoring The Candle for a given week, or even place a full page memorial, complete with a picture.
Do we have your eMail address ??
We would love to have your email address so that we may include you in our email bulletins and information notices. Please click here.
Pandemic Messages from the Diocese
- April 12 - Archdeacon Charlene - Letter - Mask Wearing Update
- March 27 - Bishop Sam - Video and Letter (annotated) - Level-2 reopening guideline updates
- March 23 - Bishop Sam - Video - Easter Message - "Rolling Stones"
- March 19 - Diocesan Executive - Letter (annotated) - Level-4 Update
- March 12 - Bishop Sam Rose - Video - COVID Revised Level-4 Diocesan GuidelinesLink caption
- March 11 - Bishop Sam Rose - Video - Prayers in Pandemic: 1st Anniversary
- March 03 - Bishop Sam Rose - Letter - To Diocese re 2021 Diocesan Budget
- March 03 - Diocesan Executive - 2021 Diocesan Budget
- February 19 - Bishop Sam Rose - New Appointments (Burrows & Westcott)
Please click the Kids Corner button to the left to reach our resource area for a variety of Christian Youth Education activities. If you would like to be a part of this exciting Ministry, please let us know by clicking here. Stay tuned for a new craft activity each Sunday....
2021 Offertory Envelopes
You may also e-Transfer us your offering via your bank’s Interac service simply by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. And of course, we always encourage you to consider signing up for our eGivings program which automatically sends us your offering at whatever interval you choose and are comfortable with. Please click here to register online, or go to our website and follow the eGiving notes. If you have any questions, please email your Finance Team at email@example.com, or call our Office at 834-4501.
Now is a good time to consider signing up to our eGiving program, which is an excellent way to continue your financial support of your Parish during this COVID-19 Pandemic. It is a very quick and easy process. The quickest and most convenient way is to complete the web-based form here. As soon as you click the SEND button, your work is done, without even leaving your home! You may also download a printable authorization form here, and when you have completed the form, you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can place it in our mail drop-slot, which is located at the top of the stairs, just to the left of the main entrance of our Parish Hall. If you have any questions, please call our Office at 834-4501.
Annual General Meeting
Vestry has reinstated the Church Re-Opening Taskforce Team to develop a COVID safe plan to host our Annual General Meeting (AGM). If approved by Vestry, it will then be forwarded to the Diocese for their review, and hopefully their approval. We will keep you advised of any updates.
All Saints Pastoral Messages
- April 04 - Rev Wayne and Rev Sam Easter Message - Video
- February 16 - Rev Wayne and Rev Sam - Video
- February 10 - Rev Wayne - Letter
Our Alongsider's Team would like to make their current monthly prayer services available to you simply by clicking here.
Click here to view the January 2021edition of the Anglican Journal. It contains a couple of interesting articles regarding transformations within the Church, and the use of digital technology. The Anglican Journal is the national newspaper of the Anglican Church of Canada. Editorially independent, the Journal publishes news, features and opinion related to Anglicanism and religion in Canada and abroad. Click here to view the General Synod Weekly
Frequently Used Links
Rev Wayne's Letters
Rev Sam's Reflections
Bishop Sam's Messages
Primate Linda Nicholls' Messages
New Year's Day Message January 2021